Car Crash Compensation Claims in Northern Ireland | H McPartland & Sons Solicitors

Compensation Claims in Northern Ireland

If you have been the victim of a crime in Northern Ireland through no fault of your own, then you may be eligible for court-awarded financial compensation. As a result of the crime, you may be in distress and suffering. H McPartland & Sons Solicitors can offer legal advice on how to get the compensation you are entitled to.

Claiming For Compensation

If you have been the victim of a crime committed against you, the Northern Ireland court can order compensation from the person that committed the crime against you. H McPartland & Sons Solicitors can help you with compensation advice for road traffic accidents, personal injury, falls and trips and more.

Compensation Types 

When something illegal has happened to you, you are entitled to be compensated for the troubles that the event has caused you. The following list shares the types of compensation for which you could be eligible for, along with what you may need to recover the costs of:

  • Road traffic accidents
  • Falls, trips and accidents 
  • Personal injury 
  • Crime related
  • Medical negligence
  • Loss of earnings
  • Medical expenses
  • Travel expenses
  • Care costs
  • Insurance excess payments
  • Pain and suffering
  • Losses from theft or property damage
  • Injury caused by a stolen vehicle 
  • Damage caused to a stolen vehicle 

H McPartland & Sons Solicitors can offer legal advice on a range of compensation types, help you find out your compensation eligibility and assist when you are making your claim so that you can get 100% of your entitled compensation.

Claims For Injuries Caused by Violent Crime

You can apply for compensation from the Compensation Services if you have been injured by a violent crime in Northern Ireland. 

Violent crime includes gun and knife crime, gang violence, sexual assault, domestic violence, hate crimes, robbery, murder, manslaughter, rape and assault. 

Compensation Eligibility 

In order to make your case eligible for the court to grant compensation, the crime must be reported as soon as possible. For example, to meet the Criminal Injury Compensation criteria for injuries after 1 April 2009, you must report the crime within two years from when it happened for it to be eligible.

You will need to inform the police that you have been a victim of a crime in order for a court to consider awarding compensation to you. The police will ask for details of the crime and any damage or suffering caused as a result. 

If you are struggling to process what has happened, Victim Support NI offers help after crime as well as good information on going to court and your rights as a victim. 

The police will then proceed with the information detailed and pass this on to the Public Prosecution Service Northern Ireland who will then make a request in court for your compensation. 

How Compensation Works

Compensation can depend on how much an offender can afford to pay and the terms of their sentencing. If the court decides that an offender is to pay compensation to you, they will consider these factors. 

The compensation you receive will be through the court and not directly from an offender. It’s the duty of the court to ensure that you are receiving the agreed compensation from the offender. If you are facing issues with compensation payments, ask H McPartland & Sons Solicitors for advice or speak to the clerk of the court, or court manager. 

The experienced team at H McPartland & Sons Solicitors can help to resolve your compensation claim as quickly as possible and professionally. Usually, if you have been injured and it was someone else’s fault, you are due compensation. Don’t hesitate to contact us today for advice on compensation claims in Northern Ireland. 
Related Blog: A Guide To Legal Aid | McPartland Solicitors

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *